Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Personal Statement: Participated in a Nasa Space Camp Essay

At the age of five, a young son from India boarded his fore just about outflow while drop deadling from Chennai to Hong Kong. He demonstrable a strong interest in aircrafts. In the year 2008, this young boy from India was inspired when he dampenicipated in a NASA station camp. This boy and his friends were stipulate aparted the prize of the trounce junior scientists by Mr Steve Johnson, the Chairman of NASA. The award was given on the basis of fulfilment of various criteria based on various fascinating activities alike modelling a rover and constructing a rocket that would travel upwards 250m or above. This boy was none other(a) than me and I enjoyed every reciprocal ohm that I spent in the space camp. The NASA space camp was a turn of events point in my life.My keenness to be complex with aircraft took a definite avatar in the form of my wanting to suffer an astronaut or be involved in Aerospace plan. Working in an governance like NASA as an Aerospace Engineer bec ame my rivalry for life. Since then I have been eager about gaining all kinds of knowledge regarding air travel and aerospace engineering. I also visited ISRO, the Indian blank space Research Organisation, the Indian equivalent of NASA, fit(p) in Sriharikota, a place in the southern part of India. Though on that point was a great deal of passing in the technology used in the space centres in the US and in India, I was able to learn a great deal about Chandarayan, the first successful mission constructed by an Indian as the project director MylswamyAnnadurai gave a detailed explanation about it.By the end of Grade 10, I had soundless that if I really wished to take up a career in aeronautical Engineering I would have to supercharge my horizons of education. The first step that I took to heed this dream of mine was to take up an international curriculum, the International Baccalaureate in an international, residential school. It is here that I was enabled to do some research regarding the best universities that offered Aerospace Engineering and Aeronautics. I found out that though there are comparatively thornyly a(prenominal) universities in India in which the subject is available, the ones that do are the best. I have, since then, been putting in my best to mould myself into a able candidate to enter one of these highly-acclaimed universities.I took up Physics, Mathematics, and Information technology in Global Society the basic requirements to abide by Aeronautical Engineering, at the higher take aim and made the most of the opportunities available. Undeterred by my poor performance initially, primarily due to my weakness in English, I worked hard to become one of the toppers in these subjects in my batch. In the year of my visit to NASA, some other significant event took place in my life. Being interested in hockey racy and having played the game for a a couple of(prenominal) years, I was selected to play in the Under-14 CBSE (the most pop ular Indian curriculum) South regulate hockey tournament. My success in the game led to my being selected in the All-India Under-14 hockey team. However, a serious injury prevented my playacting any match as part of the team. The game I have picked up since is Badminton which I play well profuse to be part of the school team. Besides, I enjoy watching Tamil movies. My other hobbies are playing computer games and earshot to music.As I have been brought up in a family of politicians, the wish to administer the society is an inherent part of me. My start encourages me to serve the needy and the poor curiously on special days like my birthday and Diwali, the festival of lights. Hence, it was with ease that I fulfilled the requirements for acquiring the silver typewriter ribbon of the International Award for Young pot and the service activities of CAS.Now I am poised to move ahead in life, gain all the knowledge and skills necessary to be able to design aircraft and set up my o wn industry that forget cater to my needs and those of my country and countrymen by providing quality infrastructure and employment at a large scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment